- Plead guilty & was sentenced to 180 days in the local jail, with 90 days suspended.
- Pay a fine of $500 and courts costs of $60.
- Also ordered to pay Kevin Hubbert, DVM $576.68 in restitution for Buddy's vet bills.
- Plead to lesser offence of Entering or Refusing to Leave.
- Plead to a lesser offense of Domestic Violence Simple Assault.
- The victim reported to the police that she had a broken eye socket, a broken nose and received 12 stitches to her upper lip.
- The victim and Garcia lived together and had two children together.
- The victim stated she & Garcia had gotten into an argument the night of July 3rd and afterwards, Garcia had transported her to Wagner for medical attention; she then took an ambulance to Avera in Sioux Falls for plastic surgery.
Contact your legislators now because this does happen in South Dakota and we want felony penalties for malicious acts of cruelty to protect our pets and communities in 2013.